REGISTER NOW FOR SLEEPOUT 2019
SleepOut 2018 raised an amazing £88,682, thanks to all of Robes committed volunteers and supporters. Don’t miss out on engaging your work colleagues, Church friends and family to get involved in Robes Project SleepOut 2019. People and teams are already signed up, the SleepOut will be at Southwark Cathedral, on Friday November 29th.
Click on the link to register: https://robes.org.uk/sleepout2019
Thank you so much
HELP SUPPORT A GUESTS WELFARE
Robes has created a new opportunity where you can donate towards the practical needs of current homeless people in Robes Project. Please click on the link to find out out more: https://robes.org.uk/guest-welfare
Here are just some of the ways your donations are helping our guests:
£15 will buy a mobile phone top up to ensure a guest can keep in touch with their support network and access essential services
£21.20 buys a weekly bus pass to help a guest get around the shelters and to essential appointments
£35 will buy a pair of safety boots which are essential for some guests to access employment
TRIBUTE TO MARION MARPLES
Marion Marples was one of the key players from 2005 – 2007 in getting agreement for Churches in Southwark and Lambeth to operate a winter night shelter. This led to the founding of the Robes winter night shelter for rough sleepers. When others took up the task of making the night shelter a reality, she remained a committed supporter.
Sadly, Marion has died suddenly outside of her home in Long Lane. The funeral was held on May 29th, 2019 at Southwark Cathedral, Marion took a great interest in Robes and always enquired how it was progressing and gave then Charity her support. As part of her mission as Pastoral worker at the Cathedral and her commitment to social justice in the dioceses.
The family decided that at the funeral service a collection would be made for Robes. And we are very grateful to the family for this. Our deepest sympathy goes to Leigh her husband and James her son.
May Marion rest in peace.
CHURCHES AND VOLUNTEERS NEEDED 4 WEDNESDAY CLUB
Robes Project Wednesday Club is going strong, we have between 10 - 22 guests each week who come to:
If you would like to help and be more active in your local community, then the Wednesday Club could be for you.
Robes Project is looking for 3 more venues where we could hold the Wednesday Club each a month.
We are ideally looking for:
1. Venues close to Elephant and Castle
2. Access to showers or a solution to access showers
3. Enough space for 20 guests to eat together
4. Small team of volunteers to help cook, buy food, set up the venue and put things away
If you are interested please contact Marc Mora: email@example.com
KEY LEARNING FROM 2018-2019 SHELTER SEASON
Robes Project is Monitored and Evaluated in many ways, this is embedded into the daily work as well as a time of reflection and discussion.
Key ways we monitor the work:
1. Weekly staff meetings and case updates
2. Fortnightly reports to our board of Trustees
3. Six weekly Trustee meetings all year round
4. These e-newsletters that are sent out to our volunteers and supporters
5. Reports to donors
6. Quarterly held team days when we review all areas of the work
7. Bi-annual Quality Mark from ‘Housing Justice’
8. Independent Examination for Charity Commission
9. Robes Project Annual Report
All of the above helps us to collect learning and discuss best practise, so that we can improve on the work we are doing.
1. Set up SleepOut 2019 online earlier so people can register and fund raise.
2. To plan our social media platforms one year in advance .
3. To open up Wednesday Club to other Churches and use to help train volunteers how to more
effectively work with homeless people in their communities.
4. Pilot summer volunteer training for those who want it in, first aid and mental health first aid, so guests
can be better helped and volunteers better prepared.
5. Broaden Robes fundraising activities, now have Guest Welfare page on our website where you can
donate to practically helping the homeless.
6. To give our shelters more ownership of the shelter this we are doing by asking and allowing shelters
who can store beds and bedding, ask local supermarkets and business for food donations and as
mentioned above more training for volunteers who would like it.
THANK YOU TO ALL ROBES PROJECT VOLUNTEERS
All of Robes winter shelters are now closed and we would like to say a big thank you, to all our wonderful team leaders and volunteers who have enabled Robes Project, to happen this past shelter season.
SHELTER HOSTING PREFERENCES FOR 2019 - 2020
To all our shelter venues, a reminder that we need to know your preferences on dates for next season ASAP. We will try our very best to give you your first choice but with 30 venues to arrange this is not always possible. If you are planning on hosting our shelters again next year and have not already done so, please fill in the form by clicking on the link below:
Thank you event and AGM to be held, end of September, please watch this space for the exact date and venue.
A BIG THANK YOU TO BATES LAUNDERERS
Robes has been blessed by Bates Launderers helping us to clean all of our guests bedding. Amazing. Thanks
Please continue to support Robes Project and the invaluable work the community is doing to empower and support the homeless:
The Cooperative Bank
Account number: 65842999
Sort Code: 08 92 99