Would your organisation like to do something practical to help the homeless?
We would love to have your help, and experience suggests that your staff will love helping us!
It’s surprising how often, when you set out to give something back to your community, it starts to feel very much like an exchange:
Small charity, high impact
We are a small charity, getting a lot done.
Bringing together their church halls and volunteers from their congregations, with our fundraising, organisation, partnerships, volunteers, and networks, allows us, as a team, to punch far above our weight.
“It’s about having the opportunity to meet with people that you might not have done otherwise – and to learn about the very human stories behind homelessness.”
Robes corporate partner volunteer
We will make sure that your organisation’s contribution – of time, money, skills or sausages – goes a long way and makes a big difference.
We would love for you to contribute in any way that would suit you. Examples of help we’ve received from our key corporate partners have included:
- The fun of fundraising: companies have organised pub quizzes and even a baked potato sale, bringing their staff together over a good cause.
- The gift of breakfast: each winter Marks and Spencer give tea, coffee, cereals, beans, bacon, and sausages to provide breakfast at our winter shelter – saving us thousands of pounds.
- A hot meal: Eden Catering, a catering company in North Lambeth donates a full evening meal for the shelter once a week. The food is of an amazing quality and this support makes a huge contribution to the running of the project.
- A path back into housing: Kirkland & Ellis are sponsoring Inn from the Cold, our partnership with the Manna Society to help homeless people back into permanent homes.
- A helping hand: haysmacintyre chose us as their ‘Charity of the Year’ in 2014, and gave us help ranging from creating a new website to introducing a mentoring volunteer programme focusing on supporting guests to find employment. Their staff fed back how much they enjoyed getting involved with a small charity.
Of course if you’d like to make a simple donation or sponsor Robes, that too can make all the difference to our work.
To help make a world of difference, just get in touch.
Robes 10th Birthday Challenge We celebrated 10 years of service in style! Robes supporters have been busy hosting and being entertained by events over 10 days in July, to commemorate 10 years of Robes' work with people finding themselves homeless in South London....read more