That’s right. Over the winter of 2016/17 around 1,000 volunteers helped to turn our night shelter into reality!
We were humbled by the numbers, and of course, curious to find out a little bit more about all of these amazing people.
“Just an absolute pleasure to work with such a dedicated and kind team of volunteers, and a privilege to get to know the guests, every one of whom deserves the best life has to offer.”
So we asked some questions and we learnt that:
- On average, our volunteers gave up 17 hours of their time over the course of the winter, ranging from 1 to a staggering 180!
- The vast majority found their team leaders to be extremely supportive
- 95% rated their overall experience with Robes excellent or very good
- 97.5% said that they are likely to volunteer again
We also found out that
- Our team leaders spent an average 10 hours a week volunteering for Robes during the shelter season. Amazing!
- As expected, all the teams looked for volunteers through their church, but about half also advertised within the local community and many used social media too!
I was overall surprised by all the different people from all different walks of life. And I loved all the kindness of everyone.
(Data based on questionnaires filled out by 132 volunteers. Word cloud created from the words volunteers used to describe their experience of Robes)